Terms and conditions
The PG tips Cuppa Club scheme (the "Scheme") is operated by Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR (the "Promoter"). Please do not send entries to this address.
For the latest Terms and Conditions, please visit cuppaclub.pgtips.co.uk/legal/terms/
Eligibility and Promotional Packs
- The Scheme is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies, or anyone professionally connected with the Scheme. Proof of age may be required.
The Scheme is available in relation to special promotional packs of:
- PG tips Standard range (40’s, 80’s, 160’s and 240’s);
- PG tips decaf range (40’s, 80’s and 160’s);
- PG tips Premium range (80’s and 160’s);
- PG tips Price Marked Packs Standard range (40’s, 80’s and 160’s); and
- PG tips Price Marked Packs decaf range (80’s) only (“Promotional Packs”) subject to availability.
- Internet access required.
- Purchase is necessary. Entrants should retain Promotional Packs as proof of purchase.
Membership Registration and Claiming Tea Treats
- The Scheme and membership registration commences at 10am (GMT) on Monday 20 May 2013.
- By registering as a member of the PG tips Cuppa Club ("Member") and/or using the Scheme, Members agree to provide up-to-date and accurate information to the Promoter for the purposes of administering the Scheme at all times.
"Tea Treats" refers to the rewards featuring on www.pgtips.co.uk/cuppaclub (the "Microsite") and pgtips.co.uk/cuppa-club-facebook (the “App”). There are 3 types of Tea Treats that can be redeemed/will be redeemable under the Scheme:
- Two for one 'Afternoon Tea' vouchers (the "Vouchers") and
- A collection of Oliver Bonas tea merchandise (the "Merchandise")
- Entry into a live PG tips Cuppa Club competition ('PG tips Cuppa Club Competitions’). This option is not open to Members from Northern Ireland A full list of the Tea Treats offered and corresponding PG Points values can be found on the Microsite.
- In order to claim Tea Treats using the unique promotional code printed on the inside of the pack lid (the "Code"), you must be a member of the PG tips Cuppa Club. Membership of the Scheme is free.
- Each valid Code corresponds to a number of PG Points: a unit of loyalty currency, which can be redeemed by Members in exchange for Tea Treats.
- To become a Member of the Scheme, please visit the Microsite or download the App. Please complete the registration process by entering your name, email address and chosen password and all relevant fields.
- Membership registration by agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will not be accepted. Incomplete registration forms or those not in accordance with the registration instructions will not be accepted.
- Following registration, Members will be able to build their collection of PG Points to redeem against Tea Treats by entering each Code separately. The balance of PG Points is available to Members when they log onto the Microsite or via the App. Members may also receive timely emails confirming their PG Points balance.
- Members must log in each time they wish to access their account, entering their email address and password onto the Microsite. You can log in via the Microsite directly or via the App. Only valid Codes will be accepted. Each Code can only be entered once and will become invalid once entered by a Member. Codes must be entered separately. Maximum 10 Codes per Member per day.
The number of PG Points rewarded varies across Promotional Packs as set out in the table below:
Pack Size PG tips
Price Marked Packs Standard Range
Price Marked Packs decaf Range
40's 15 PG Points 20 PG Points – 15 PG Points – 80's 25 PG Points 30 PG Points 30 PG Points 25 PG Points 30 PG Points 160's 35 PG Points 40 PG Points 40 PG Points 35 PG Points – 240's 45 PG Points – – – –
- The Promoter may run events online or in store where Members are able to increase or multiply the number of points they have in their accounts, increase or multiply the number of points that they collect when they purchase the Promotional Packs during the period and in the circumstances specified, and where Members can redeem selected merchandise online at a reduced point redemption rate from time to time during the period ("PG Points Events"). PG Points Events will be run on terms and conditions separate to these Terms and Conditions and Members should also refer to these when participating in PG Points Events. For the avoidance of doubt, the number of PG Points awarded per Promotional Pack will always be as set out in the table above at Clause 14 subject only to PG Points Events which may be run from time to time. Codes have no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. The selling or exchange of Codes or packaging is strictly forbidden and will result in Members being removed from the Scheme without notice. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, PG Points are not transferrable.
- As well as PG Points being available on PG tips Promotional Packs, the Promoter may distribute PG Points from time to time through newsletters, social media and other promotional activity. PG Points distributed in this manner will have limited availability.
- A Member must have sufficient PG Points accrued before redeeming PG Points against any Tea Treat under the Scheme. A Member cannot make part payment of PG Points towards a Tea Treat and no currency, other than PG Points, will be accepted.
- PG Points shall be subtracted from a Member's account immediately upon a Member choosing to redeem against a Tea Treat.
- Once deducted to redeem against a Tea Treat, PG Points cannot be refunded.
- All codes submitted are subject to verification. Manufacturer's references or printing errors do not constitute Codes.
- If you have problems submitting your Code please contact our Careline on 0800 454611 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
Tea Treats - General
- 'Tea Treat Suppliers' refers to the brand owners of the Tea Treats offered under the Scheme. Tea Treat Suppliers includes third party suppliers and will not necessarily be the Promoter.
The Promoter reserves the right at any time providing at least one month notice is given, to:
- Add, modify or limit the Tea Treats offered;
- Change Tea Treat Suppliers; and
- Introduce a new collection of Merchandise in addition or substitution of the Merchandise already featuring on the Microsite or the App.
Tea Treats – Merchandise
- Merchandise can be redeemed against the equivalent number of PG Points indicated on the Microsite or the App.
- Once ordered, Members will receive an email confirmation to the email address they have provided.
- Merchandise will be delivered within 90 days from confirmation. Delivery is free to Members and the Merchandise will be sent Second Class Post.
- The Promoter makes no warranty in relation to the Merchandise supplied by the Tea Treat Supplier of the Merchandise. If Merchandise is received damaged, Members should take a photograph within 10 days of delivery and send to PG tips Careline to get a replacement. In the event that the Tea Treat Supplier of the Merchandise is unable to provide a replacement of the damaged item, the Promoter will refund the number of points used to redeem against the piece of Merchandise concerned to the account of the Member concerned. Merchandise is otherwise non-exchangeable and/or non-refundable (to the extent permitted by law). Members statutory rights are not affected.
Tea Treats - 2 for 1 Afternoon Tea
- A Voucher provides the Member concerned with 2 Afternoon Teas for the price of 1 at any one of the listed participating venues. The full list of venues is available at the Microsite.
- The Voucher is valid for 2 people one of which must be over 18 years and must be used in 1 visit.
- The description and timings of Afternoon Teas may vary from venue to venue therefore please check prior to making a reservation.
- Certain exclusions may apply, please check with the individual venue when making a reservation.
- Reservations available seven days a week, but please bear in mind venues can be a lot busier during Summer months.
- Transport to the venue is not included, consumers must make their own way to the venue.
- Members are responsible for adhering to the cancellation/change of reservation date policy of the venue concerned if it becomes necessary to cancel or change the date of their reservation. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any charges a Member may face as a consequence of them cancelling or changing their reservation date.
- Acceptance of the Voucher will be subject to any additional terms of the Tea Treat Supplier of the Afternoon Tea.
- Subject to availability of each venue. Only one Voucher can be used per reservation.
- Vouchers are valid for use from 20 May 2013 – 19 May 2014 inclusive. All 2 for 1 Afternoon Teas must be booked and redeemed by 19 May 2014.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and has no cash value.
- Gratuity is not included.
- 41. No photocopies will be accepted.
- 42. Members must present and surrender their Voucher at the venue.
- 43. Some venues may request that smart, casual dress be worn. Please check before making a reservation and travelling to the venue to avoid disappointment upon arrival at the venue.
Tea Treats – Entry into PG tips Cuppa Club Competitions
- Residents of Northern Ireland are excluded from participating in PG tips Cuppa Club Competitions.
- Members will be able to enter into PG tips Cuppa Club Competitions by using the number of PG Points specified in the terms and conditions of the PG tips Cuppa Club Competition concerned.
- Members can find the terms and conditions for PG tips Cuppa Club Competitions on the Microsite.
- The sale or barter of PG Points is strictly prohibited. Membership will terminate immediately in the event of a Member's death. Member accounts and PG Point balances are not transferable upon death or otherwise by operation of law.
- The Scheme is only for personal and consumer use and PG Points cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
- Members can choose to leave the Scheme at any time. By leaving the Scheme members forfeit the right to any PG Points already accrued or issued. The Member's account will be closed within 30 days. Further communication between the Promoter and the Member will also end.
- The Promoter may from time to time adjust Members' accounts upwards or downwards in respect of accounting errors or suspected fraud, for which the Promoter has full authority in its absolute and sole discretion.
- Only one account is permitted per Member and accounts created using automated devices or processes are not allowed. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to remove a Member from the Scheme where multiple accounts are suspected, at which time any accrued PG Points balance will be null and void.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to remove a Member from the Scheme where it is felt that the Member concerned could be misusing the PG tips Cuppa Club and/or the Microsite and/or the App in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Any PG Points accrued or issued at the date of removal will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove a Member's account from the Scheme in the event that their account remains dormant or inactive for a period of 12 months or more. The Promoter shall endevour to notify any affected Member via their nominated email address, allowing a reasonable amount of time for such a member to reply, confirming that they wish for their account to remain active. Failing such confirmation, the Promoter will remove the dormant or inactive account and any accrued or issued PG Points will be forfeited.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their log in details remain confidential to them so as to protect against any unauthorized use of their account. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by such unauthorized use of a Member's account (to the extent permissible by law).
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute and sole discretion to withhold the Tea Treat(s) claimed by any individual found to be tampering with the Code redemption process or the operation of the Scheme, the Microsite and/or the App.
- The Promoter makes no warranty in relation to the Tea Treats supplied by the Tea Treat Supplier concerned. The Promoter is not responsible for any guarantees, warranties and/or representations (if any) made by a Tea Treat Supplier.
- A Member shall be responsible for any tax implications or payment of tax that may arise as a result of joining the PG tips Cuppa Club.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- The Promoter's decision regarding all matters relating to the Scheme is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time upon reasonable notice given to its Members.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any point if circumstances outside of its control make this unavoidable.
- Where the Terms and Conditions of the Scheme are amended, any amendments shall be effective upon posting the modified Terms and Conditions at cuppaclub.pgtips.co.uk/legal/terms and notifying Members via the Microsite or via email. Members will be asked to agree to the updated Terms and Conditions in order to remain a Member of the Scheme.
- Amendments will be explained at the top of these Terms and Conditions and the most current version shall prevail.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter, withdraw, terminate or cancel the Scheme at any time upon reasonable notice given to its Members.
- In the event of withdrawal, termination or cancellation, a Member will have 30 days from the notice date of the termination to redeem any PG Points that were held in their accounts prior to the notice date of the termination in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the “Termination Period”). Unless specified otherwise, no additional PG Points will be able to be accrued during the Termination Period.
- The Promoter will make every effort to communicate to all Members the Termination Period, however the Promoter will not be held responsible for failing to notify any individual Member regardless of the reason.
- By registering to become a member and/or using the Scheme, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller, for the purposes of the administration of this Scheme, and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All registration instructions form part of the Scheme Terms and Conditions. The Promoter will always communicate responsibly under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other self-regulatory restrictions. Members preferring not to receive emails communicating the latest offers available under the Scheme can visit their account information page and change their communication preferences to opt-out of receiving such emails from the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) caused by acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the Scheme (to the extent permissible by law).
- In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter & Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR. Do not send entries to this address.